5 Things Buddhists Should Contemplate Every Day
Whether you are a life-long Buddhist or new to the religion, Buddha advised that we should contemplate the following five things every day:
- I am aging and will continue to age. I have not gone beyond aging;
- I will get sick. I have not gone beyond getting sick;
- I will eventually die. I have not gone beyond dying;
- All that is mine, beloved and pleasing will eventually become separated from me; and
- I am the owner of my Karma. Whatever Karma I shall do, for good or bad, I shall own the results of my intentional actions. Karma is supporting us and we have to be careful about our Karma.